1886 - 1923
The Scenic Railway, an early version of a roller coaster.
The Soda & Ice Cream Stand, which served Hires Root Beer and Coca-Cola.
The Pool Hall - note the sign in the upper left-hand corner which reads: 'Game Open To All'.
We are a group dedicated to the preservation of Brandywine Springs Amusement Park, an early 20th Century amusement park in Wilmington, Delaware.
We have meetings once a month at The Cedars United Methodist Church, Maple and Harrison Avenues, The Cedars (off of Route 41). Please come and join us!
Please check back for updated meeting dates
We're always looking for new members, so why not consider joining? Membership includes a subscription to our quarterly newsletter, invitations to meetings and digs, and social activities throughout the year.
This new booklet describes recently uncovered personal information detailing what the park was like to a teenager that worked along the boardwalk.
This 40-page booklet gives new photos, stories, and background on how the park operated. Sam's father ran more than a dozen games and rides in the park. Sam later typed an 11-page letter detailing his memories of days in the park while running the Rifle Range concession for his father.
The early days of Brandywine Springs revolved around a hotel started in 1826 to bring people to the mineral springs that were believed to have healing powers. The hotel resort thrived until the Civil War, then became a military boarding school, which burned down in 1853
Courtesy of Delaware Public Media.
Watch a county-produced video of the New Pavilion Dedicated to Rudy Williams.
Courtesy of NCCDE.
Watch a video about the early years of the
Courtesy of DelawareOnline.com.